Posted August 28, 2017 – The Inventory Clerk is responsible for compiling and maintaining records of quantity and value of merchandise stocked at Ginsberg’s Foods. The Inventory Clerk must count merchandise in stock and post inventory records, manually or by using a handheld computer. The Inventory Clerk verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock, adjusts errors in computation or count, and investigates and reports to the Director of Inventory reasons for discrepancies. The Inventory Clerk job is a multi-faceted, with work tasks that can vary significantly from day to day, ranging from data entry desk work to significant physical labor when handling certain inventory and quality control responsibilities. Deadline for Inventory Clerk job opening is September 15, 2017.
Inventory Clerk Essential Functions:
- Performs daily cycle count of all products in multiple temperature zones
- Counts appropriate sections daily, such as verification of weighted product
- Cleans up slots as they are counted to ensure accuracy
- Researches large quantities removed or added to or from inventory
- Checks dates on all product counted
- Takes inventory of fresh fish on a daily basis
- Assesses damaged pallets daily
- Safely handles product in compliance with all food safety standards
- Maintains a safe, organized, and clean workspace throughout every scheduled shift
Inventory Clerk Additional Responsibilities:
- Prepares a list of damaged items and recommends what to do with the unsalable items
- Prepares various reports
- Serves as back up to other Inventory/Quality Control employees when necessary
- Performs various other Inventory/QC functions as they become necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team-driven work environment
- Ability to operate all pieces of warehouse rolling stock, such as forklifts and reach trucks.
- Ability to understand documented best practices and operate according to the same.
- Ability to understand complex equations and have the ability to multiply/divide and calculate averages.
- Ability to make basic decisions and to carry-out detailed processes.
- Ability to use a computer to handle and account for product in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and comprehend the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift/move 80 pounds of product.
- Good organizational skills, follow-up skills, and attention to detail both in their work and when communicating with their team.
- Ability to perform all job functions in various temperatures, including subzero temperatures.
- Ability to observe all safety and product handling and security guidelines.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete ongoing training requirements.
- Ability to be adaptable to changing needs during the business day.
Inventory Clerk Licenses/Certifications/Special Requirements:
- OSHA Forklift / Order Picker Certification required or must be able to obtain
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Subject to random and reasonable suspicion drug testing
How to Apply for Inventory Clerk Job
- Complete the Employment Application Form
- Send the completed application to Ginsberg’s Foods via…
- Fax: 518-822-0558
- Regular Mail: P.O. Box 17, Hudson, New York 12534
Ginsberg’s Foods is a 108 year old family owned and operated foodservice distributor based in Hudson, New York. Ginsberg’s Foods is the largest independently owned foodservice distributor in New York’s Hudson Valley and we presently make deliveries to 40+ counties in 6 different states.